The presence of a Presbyterian church in Connersville was formally established in 1824, when Connersville itself was just 11 years old. In 1836 the congregation was able to call a full-time pastor, Rev. J. M. Stone. Our current church building was dedicated in 1855.
In 1870 First Presbyterian Church and Second Presbyterian Church in Connersville merged. The First Presbyterian Church building on West Fourth Street was sold, and over the next few years the facility at 700 Central was expanded, adding a larger sanctuary and rooms for Sunday School.
In the 1950s extensive renovation was done, and in 2001 we dedicated the Fellowship Hall.
The building has changed over the years, but the congregation’s desire to serve and honor God remains unchanged. Reaching out to others in the community remains an integral part of our mission.